Tuesday, August 17, 2010

sometimes

Most days I'm okay with this whole hearing loss thing. I mean, its been a part of our lives now for three years and has become commonplace. But there are some days, sometimes just small moments, when my heart aches for Abby and Carter to hear normally. Today has been especially hard.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

So sorry, Mandie.

Jami said...

It is heartbreaking, but you are a great mom and will help them learn to deal with it beautifully.

leah said...

The "down" days are hard. Sending some *hugs* and a prayer for some encouragement right now!

Ginny said...

Hugs and kisses--hope things are better soon. What's up?

Hannah said...

That has got to be hard. I have thought many times about the blessing of my senses. I have thought about which sense I would be ok with losing in my old age.... I am still thinking about that. I have wondered, "If I lose my hearing, which sense will be sharpened? Will I hear other things in my head that are lovelier?" When I get an answer, I will let you know.

In the meantime, I will just send hugs your way. I'm sorry the down days are so hard.