Sunday, December 03, 2006

Desperate Measures


We knew that a Christmas tree would be way too tempting for Abby, so Brian built a podium for the tree. It's pretty tall, and looks kinda silly at first, but it keeps the Abbinator at bay.

Abby manged to get a hold of the lights, so we baby-proofed some more. "Just inspecting them, Dad!"

9 comments:

Amanda said...

That is too FUNNY!! When P was little we just put the "safe " ornaments down low:) Very creative of you guys! What did he build it out of...wood??? I love that photo of Abby with the lights!

Anonymous said...

Im glad we arent having a problem with Evan and the tree, we even put the gifts under it and he hasn't tried to mess with them....good boy.

Anonymous said...

Tyler goes up to the tree every once in a while since it is in the playroom but most of the ornaments on the bottom are safe for him to grab. But he understands when we tell him "no touch".

Mandie said...

Abby understands "no" but we thought it would be safer to put it up high since it's hidden in the corner behind the sofas where we wouldn't be able to see her. To her credit, she's hardly paid attention to it, so I guess we were overly cautious.

Missy said...

I wish we had room to do that so our cat would be less inclined to eat our tree, which is why we don't have a tree! Abby's very cute, and that's one gigantic platform. What are you going to do with it after this? Tap dance?

Sorry, Brian.

Melinda said...

Tap dance? That's funny Missy! I was wondering what they were going to do with it too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is sooo creative! We had to do the same thing. Well, not build a podium but we put our small tree on top of an urn pot so that it was high up off the ground. I know she stares at it wondering how she can get those bright lights :) Hey, did you get my email about Girls' Nite on Weds? I'm coming to Dallas. Let me know. ~S

Anonymous said...

I'm not having any problems with the tree, just the presents! I can't put anything under it or Corgan will systematically unwrap every single present. I guess he's practicing!!!

Mandie said...

Actually, the platform is 2 pieces. So we can put them up in the attic when we're done. Maybe we'll use it for a stage or bench later when Abby gets older and wants to play make-believe.