I've always loved photography. My mom was a newspaper photographer and editor, so maybe I got my love of it from her. As a kid I took pictures and entered them in school contests and stuff, but it hasn't been until lately that I've really wanted to get serious about it. I think having kids makes you realize how fleeting moments are, and what better way to remember them than to capture them in a photograph. And with my kids having hearing loss, I want the pictures that I take to compensate for whatever memories their hearing loss might have taken away from them.
I've really wanted an SLR camera for a long time, and for a while now I've been doing a lot of research deciding which camera I want to buy. I also had the chance to borrow a friend's Nikon D80 yesterday to take pictures at a friend's very informal wedding. I've LOVED abosorbing myself in the photography world, but I feel like I'm going insane. Every time I closed my eyes last night, all I could see was different camera shots I had taken and how I could have improved them. It seems like now I see the world around me in frames and camera angles and one of the most common thoughts in my head lately is, "Oh, that would've been a good shot." It's like my perspective on the way I view the world has changed. I hope my right brain settles down a little bit cause it's maddening.
Here are some of the pictures I took yesterday. I had SO much fun, but man, I have a lot to learn! The first three pictures are from my camera, and the rest are from the D80.






9 comments:
Good job, Mandie! I love the pic of Brian. What kind of lens were you using?
I had no idea you were such a skilled photographer. WOW!
They are great. I love taking pictues too. We just got a new Sony, but we got the step down from the SLR. I just didn't think I had the skills to use one of those. I love your pictures.
You are awesome! You have an eye for photography. Karryn looks so beautiful and happy! I'm glad I got to see these pictures.
Very vivid colors. Good job! I like the one of Brian too. Guess I wouldn't be able to resist taking a picture of my hubby if I had a really good camera in my hands either.
OK, i totally stalk you from Missy's blog, but I had to come out of hiding and ask...what settings do you use? Do you use manual or auto? I am trying to figure out how to use my new camera and I need to pump missy for info too!
Those are beautiful pictures. You should totally go to one of those photography camps or classes of sorts. My cousin did and said it was a really great experience. Now she has a lot of fun taking pictures as a side busniness.
You know, this may be weird, but I really love the one of the chairs. The way the sunlight dapples them just looks neat.
Post a Comment