Abby did two new things today. She said her first three word sentence! I know this may be a shock to others of you with almost three year olds that have been speaking full sentences, but we've been working so hard on this for a long time. She can get two words down, but when we add a third, she drops one of the other words. So today during speech therapy she said "I want baby" clear as day, and we didn't even need to prompt her. I was so proud!
And then later in therapy she was playing with the magna doodle and drew a full, complete circle, two eyes and a nose (in proportionate places!), and named each body part, so it was definitely intentional. I gushed to Brian about it, telling him how exciting it was that she could do a mid-three-year-old skill, and he said, "Oh, I taught her how to do that last week." Hey, thanks for telling me Dad! Those small things are what a mom LIVES for!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's wonderful. Even if she is a little behind in the speech area, she is way ahead in the art department. I don't think Lorelai drew recognizable people until this summer.
I celebrate their milestones with you! that is a big deal!!!
That is so thrilling!! Congrats!! Rebekah still can't draw a "face", so you're ahead of us there!
Post a Comment