Monday, February 08, 2010

lucy moment

Sometimes I feel like I'm in an I love Lucy episode, standing in the kitchen with spaghetti noodles exploding all over me and Ethel and every square inch of space when Desi walks in and says, "Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do!"

After spending almost an hour on the phone with Med-El last night and countless emails and phone calls with our Med-el rep and Audiologist this morning, we got a replacement implant overnighted to us.

And then I get an email from anther rep. later that said, have you tried this.....?

Well I tried it, and it worked. One stupid little cord turned the wrong way.

All this struggle, one full day of Abby not hearing, all because I had a cord turned the wrong way. Not to mention the great lengths that they went to to get a replacement for us asap.

And to make it worse, I was going through the big box of stuff they send you and discovered that I didn't need to buy $50 worth of disposible batteries for the back-up battery compartment, the only one I thought we had, and stress about changing batteries every couple of days. Because lo and behold, I found a spare rechargable battery compartment in all our stuff.

If I would have just gotten the lost implant replaced a month ago like I should have, oh, and if I would have actually looked at everything in the box, oh and if I would have paid more attention to how we were putting the implant together, none of these shenanegins in the past 24hrs would have happened.

Oh, the life of a CI mom.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You said it, sista. I guess now you know what to do next time. I had to learn the hard way about those cables too. They short out faster than I would like.