Tuesday, June 01, 2010

talents

We all have our talents. Sewing is NOT one of mine. Me and the bobbin have a very volitle relationship and my sewing attempts always end with me tangled up in thread screaming at the bobbin. And although I am somewhat proficient at basic sewing skills, I can in no way say that I have any talent whatsoever.

Baby showers are a great place to feel really bad about your lack of homemaking skills. I've been to a few lately where ladies just "whipped up" a beautiful crochet blanket for someone, or made incredibly cute handstiched bloomers and burp cloths. But the one that took the cake for me was Shannon's blanket at my sister Missy's shower. I'm just gonna say it. I was GREEN with envy. She made an activity mat out of some adorable fabrics and the workmanship was impeccible. I almost crammed it into my purse and bolted, but I figured Missy would find me out. Eventually.

Anyway, you can see more of Shannon's work here.




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Aww, that's so nice Mandie! Really! Thanks for making me smile this morning. :)

Of course, I don't have any play mats in my shop, because of some stupid patent on LOOPS (who woulda thunk you could patent a loop), but if anyone is interested I am always willing for custom orders ;)

Hope your vacation is going amazingly!

Jami said...

That blanket is beautiful. I'm not much of a seamstress either. I made each of the girls patchwork blankets, but that has been about it. I plan on trying matching fourth of july dresses, but I already have back up shirts if I fail.

Zahra said...

these are really nice,good job!
:)
I think everyone has one kind of talent and you should be happy with yours...
there is no perfect man...