Have you ever had a baby with a temperature of 104? I never have until now. Carter peaked at 103.9 last night and although I know a baby can't die from a fever, it was still a little scary.
I took Carter to the doctor yesterday afternoon (and Abby too. She had a fever of 102) and they did everything under the sun to the both of them. Bloodwork, strep tests, a urine sample from Carter and came up with two different diagnoses. Abby has a virus and Carter has a bacterial infection. So they gave Carter an antibiotic shot and a sucker for Abby and we went home to wait out the fever.
It was a long night, especially since Brian was out of town, but finally around 4am his fever went down a little and he slept until 8:30. Because of his high fever they wanted to see Carter again this morning so I hauled both kids to the doc again. Doctor says Carter is doing much better and once he has a couple of days of antibiotics he should be back to normal. Carter seems happier and he's eating and sleeping good. Best thing is that Brian is back in town and we're all so glad, and relieved!
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh...you poor thing! And those poor kids:( I am so sorry! And Brian being out of town on top of it! I am glad they are getting better though. And P has never had a fever that high! 103 was the highest for us.
Hope everyone gets better quickly.
Oh Mandie, so sorry!!!
104 is quite high and scary. I am glad that both of your kids are on the road to recovery.
Been there. Rebekah peaked at 105 once. Fortunately it was very temporary, but it is frightening as a mother. Thank heaven for Tylenol and doctor help. Sorry you had to go through that.
Post a Comment