There used to be a HUGE stereo and speakers on top of our entertainment center, but it was pretty ghetto so we finally took it down yesterday. But now it feels empty up there, and because our entertainment center is smaller than the fireplace, it looks so tiny! So should I put something above the ET center? Should I move some things around? Help, please!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Woah, it does look empty! Hmmm...I think you just need to get a bigger entertainment center!
Hello? $$$$!
I was just kidding! You should definitely put something on top, but I don't know what. Go to Garden Ridge and they have all sorts of stuff. Maybe you'll get some inspiration.
Okay... I am not a decorator... so take my advice for what you paid for it. :-) I think you should move the entertainment center over, put the picture on the wall over the unit, and then balance out the two sides with plants, etc. You should ask Ginny, however. I like things balance and she likes things a-symetrical. :-) But, that is my long opinion.
I saw a decorating redo on H&G and in order to balance a similar situation, they had used some large wooden letters on the wall (4, I believe) of assorted styles and sizes and it looked really good. You could use Mc to real advantage.
Ok, I totally love it. Like the idea of the letters thing. Or you can do like I do on my mantle and maybe do some letter, candlesticks, topiary, etc mixture??? I don't know. Or maybe buy an inexpensive hurricane and fill it with different seasonal things. That's all I got!
Post a Comment