Tuesday, September 08, 2009

better

We're doing better around here.

Abby had a really good day at school today. As we speak, she is in my room playing pretent school and laughing and giggling. A total 180 from last week. Although I think her hearing loss hasn't changed, she seems to have adjusted to it and is back to her normal happy self.

As for me, I am better too. I consider myself a pretty happy person, but last week was a really low point for me. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers for our family. We are so grateful to have such caring people on our side.

On a different note, I don't think there are enough pictures of me and the kids. I really don't like being on the other side of the camera, but I would hate for my kids ten years down the road ask me why there aren't any pictures of me with them. So the other day we were playing in the back yard and I got out my camera and attempted a shot. This is the outcome. But I mean, isn't this picture so true to life?
Photobucket

7 comments:

Jenny said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I went through this whole thing where I wouldn't let anyone take my picture for awhile. My mom was the same way, and now I don't have any pictures of her. Your kids will cherish those pictures of you down the road!

leah said...

That picture captures motherhood in a nutshell! I love it.

Ginny said...

Glad everyone is better. You do have to make a point to include yourself in the pics occasionally. I can hear the kids saying, "Why didn't Mommy ever go on vacation with us?!"

Hohmann Family said...

Totally!! I was just wondering aloud to myself why it was that when I sit on one of our two couches that the kids have to wrestle, do gymnastics, jump, and scream right next to me rather than on the other couch where they'd have so much more room? I mean, what would be the fun in that? I love that Abby is crawling all over you.

Ginny said...

I was just re-reading your post. In 10 years your kiddos will be 12 and 13. You will cease to exist as a human life form and will be acknowledged only when they require food, transportation or cash. Maybe in 20 years they'll care!

Mandie said...

Ha! That's funny. I need to remember that when I get sick and tired of being sat on and clung on to all day and instead enjoy the moment.

Jami said...

I love the picture. We don't have hardly any of me either. Mom seem to always be behind the camera.