We found one of Carter's hearing aids! After we searched every possible nook and cranny in the house for a week, I opened up the clothes dryer and there it was. Well, at least part of it. And believe it or not, it still works. Kinda. Turns out that Brian put it in his shorts (you know the kind with like ten huge pockets) when he was putting Carter down for a nap, and he forgot about it. He even wore the same shorts again that week and it never crossed his mind. I called him and said, Guess where I found the hearing aid? And suddenly he remembered and he said, "In my pocket." I was like, um, why didn't you remember this a week ago? BEFORE I washed and dried it?
But I really can't be mad, because I lost the other hearing aid and we never found that one.
Good thing is, because we found the hearing aid, we can get it repaired for free under warranty. We've learned our lesson and will be much more cautious from now on.
4 comments:
Oh, no! That's a good lesson for all of us- I stick Nolan's aids in my pocket all the time (when we're getting into the car, or when he's gone down for a nap). Yikes!
At least you found it.
I think Heavenly Father must be watching out for you guys. Hearing aid in the ocean - lost for a week in a pocket and found in the dryer . . . I hate to ask what's next. I hope nothing!!
Oh yea! But I think you're using up your good luck points ;)
Post a Comment