Saturday, March 08, 2008

drastic

I've been a slave to hair color every since I colored my hair for the first time ten years ago. I did it myself, with a cap, and it wasn't pretty. But once you color your hair, its really hard to go back. Ever since then I've PAID to get my hair done, and the rest of you hair color slaves out there know how expensive it can be.

My hair had always been blonde, but it's gotten darker with every baby and so it just seems ridiculous to keep spending the money and pretending to be blonde. So I bit the bullet, embraced my inner brunette and got my hair colored for the last time. My hair is naturally lighter than this, but I'm hoping time and the summer sun will fade it a little.

So anyway, what do you think?

17 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

I think both the picture and the hair color are keepers. I'm still trying to decide if I want to actually enter the expensive world of hair coloring. I'm not sure it can be "worked into the budget" yet. :)

Unknown said...

I like it:) I think you will feel so free when you don't have to keep getting your hair colored! That is why I have never started b/c I am too cheap....and I have so many other things I'd rather spend money on. But I am starting to get a lot of gray hairs so I am worried about what I will have to do about that soon!

Unknown said...

Of course that was amanda

Missy said...

I said it before and I meant it, I really like it. I always liked your hair dark. Now lets get tan and buff and be short dark haired girls together! Okay so mine might be red, but it's still dark. :)

randivon said...

That is super cute! You look good with dark hair. What does Abby think?

Kristine said...

I love it, Mandie.

molly said...

very cute, but then again, I am partial to brunettes.

Melinda said...

I just think you want to be like me! I really like the hair color, and wow, I didn't know you were going to get it cut so short! Cute!

Shirley Fowkes said...

Enjoy the dark before it starts to turn gray or maybe it will turn blondish as you get older like Maw’s did. I think it looks great! However, remember, blondes do have more fun! I am sending you a picture from when you were about three and VERY blonde! Watch for it in your e-mail.

Scuba Steve said...

I think your hair looks great. And in my opinion, Brunettes look better and have much much more fun than blonds do any day.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

I love the cut and the color. Who said blondes have more fun anyways. I kind of like being a brunette.

juli said...

I love the hair, Mandie! But c'mon people, stop bashing on the blondes!

Anonymous said...

I have always liked brunettes better, it just makes you pop out more!

Aundrea said...

Mandie, I love your hair! The color & cut look great on you!

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

Darling! I think you'll really like being dark. It is a lot easier to keep up. Especially if your natural hair is tending to that color anyway, like mine. Great choice!

When I did mine, Aubrey pointed at my hair and said, Why did you color your hair black, mommy? I guess it was pretty extreme for what she remembered.

Ginny said...

I like it!

Jenny said...

love it, love it, love it! You look really striking!