Monday, May 05, 2008

better

We've all been sick around here for over a week now. Abby had pink eye last Sunday, and then we all developed colds (except Brian) during the week, and then Carter came down with dreadful pink eye. But he's better and our colds are pretty much over, so things are lookin' up and hopefully getting back to normal. Whatever that is.


One of Abby's favorite things to do is climb into the front seat when I'm getting Carter out of the car. She plays with the buttons, opens all the compartments, makes big messes, and puts the keys in the ignition and pretends to drive. Fun for her, not for me.

Carter is climbing up and over anything and everything. The kid can't walk yet, but he can crawl up the slide part of a slide. He's like spider man. Must be those sticky, pudgy feet of his. Its fun to watch him expand his boundaries, but when he falls, he takes it hard. He's not a suck it up and get over it kind of kid. He likes to let you know he's hurt.

I'll try to get a picture of that. The climbing part, I mean. Not the crying part. Cause that would be awful of me. But you know I'm the kind of mom that will take a picture first and then go console him....

Man, I really am terrible.

4 comments:

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

I hear you about the car thing. Jaxon will leave the house to go outside into the car. There have been so many times where I'll be looking for him and after searching everywhere, he's been in the car opening every pocket/drawer/compartment, twisting the mirrors crooked and leaving all sorts of debris in his wake. We've had to lock the car every time we get out in order to keep him out. Sheesh!

- Golden said...

I think you are right about Ben and Carter. Ben definitely is not a suck it up kind of boy like Ty. When he is hurt, upset or just plan unhappy...he let's the world know. and man, has he got a set of lungs! Wish we lived closer!

- Golden said...

oops, matthew g is molly

Ginny said...

I think having Abby for a big sis will toughen him up eventually! Gideon cried once when Julie hit him with a rolled up piece of paper.