Thursday, March 18, 2010

abby and carter's book of feelings

My sister Ginny is a brilliant speech pathologist and works with special needs kids, specifically autistic children, in an elementary school in Mansfield. She's commented a few times about how expressive our kids are and has asked me to print out some pictures so that she can use them to work with her students. After talking with her about it a little more, we decided that I should take it a step further and make a book called "Abby and Carter's Book of Feelings," and give them out to other therapists to use with their students to work on feelings and emotions. Cause you know, my kids certainly know how to express their emotions.


I'm thinkin this picture will make the cut.

Photobucket

But then again, it may scare a few kids. It scares me.

*
*

Also, I'm a mother of FIVE this week! More on that later.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

love it:)

leah said...

Oh my goodness! I love it!

She is definitely expressive!!!

Ginny said...

Okay, that's a definite keeper. I can't wait for the book to be published! Will I get an autographed copy? (I think you may be exagerrating about "brilliant" but I do enjoy my job!)

Hannah said...

Love the picture. Absolutely! Also, mother of 5??

AND-- if you are looking for a no brainer way to make the book, talk to my mom about online scrapbooking. DARLING books for super cheap! They look VERY good and you either design the whole thing, or it is drag and drop. They are the cutest things, ever! let me know if you want to do it