Monday, March 15, 2010

two cousins

I recently made friends with another photographer in McKinney, and she invited me over to a photoshoot in her home studio saturday. And when I say home studio, I mean, decked out home studio, with thousands of dollars of lighting equipment, backdrops and props. Now most of you know, I have zero experience in studio lighting, and I'm kinda proud to be a natural light photographer. But I've been wanting to learn all about the other side of photography, so I was excited to learn. But after about 30 minutes of shooting, I was completely overwhelmed and felt totally inept. Shooting with synthetic light is completely different than natural light and I have a LOT to learn.

So anyway, after that experience, I was craving some pure sunlight. So with 30 minutes notice, I called up my SIL Carrie and she met me at my favorite location to do some pictures with Abby and her daughter Mikayla. All I can say is thank God for the sun.

Funny though, with all the sun drenched pictures I took, this one turned out to be my favorite of the evening. I love the raw, broken look of it.

Photobucket

You can see the rest HERE.

3 comments:

leah said...

You have such a talent! Those pictures are beautiful- I have no idea how to work our camera other than to "point and shoot," lol.

Citygirl said...

I just landed on your blog while surfing. I will definately keep up. What an amazing photographer you are!

Sheena said...

Shoulda been three. :( I'm regretting not going now, but I was really stressed out. I LOVE the pictures though, so cute! Can we do it again sometime? I want to learn how you do the sun flare thing.