Monday, January 05, 2009

My Favorite Songs of 2008
(in no particular order)

Single Ladies (Put a ring on it) - Beyonce
Love is Free -Sheryl Crow
Just Dance - Lady GaGa
One Step at a Time - Jordin Sparks
Womanizer - Britney Spears
Better in time - Leona Lewis
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
That's What you Get - Paramore
Disturbia - Rihanna
Forever - Chris Brown
Shake It - Metro Station
Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
See You Again - Miley Cirus
Love Bug - Jonas Brothers
So Close (From Enchanted) - John McLaughlin

And the top 5 songs that made me want to gouge my ears out:
Fall For You - Second Hand Serenade
Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
And ANYTHING by Taylor Swift

What are yours?

3 comments:

Missy said...

Aww you're killing me with the jab at Coldplay! Ironically, I feel the same way, but about the Britney and Beyoncé songs!

A couple to add to the good list:
I Will Possess Your Heart, Death Cab for Cutie
Human, The Killers
Heart Songs, Weezer
Death and all His Friends, Coldplay
Where I Stood, Missy Higgins

And to the bad list:
Rockstar, Nickleback
4 Minutes, Madonna

Melinda said...

Hmmm...interesting lists. A lot of your faves wouldn't have made it on my list. I will have to say that Womanizer totally belongs on the second one! Ugh! I can't stand that song! And Missy, I LOVE Rockstar by Nickleback! But I do agree with 4 Minutes. It ranks up there on my bad list with Womanizer!

Hannah said...

I am so glad that we see eye to eye on Taylor Swift music. I CAN"T STAND IT!!! And I have heard a lot of songs that you have on your top 10 list. I absolutely LOVE Ne-Yo's Miss Independent. I listened to it at work and loved it the more I listened to it-- that's rare. I'm Yours is by my favorite artist but that version is over played. Sad, eh? I liked reading your list.