Hearing aids feed back. It's a fact of life for us over here, and I don't think I will ever get used to the sound. Because Abby's hearing loss is so severe, the microphone on her hearing aids is set at a very high level, so when something touches it, or she puts her head against something, and especially when they are on out of her ears, they make a very high pitched annoying sound. Carter's isn't nearly as bad, but his ear molds are too small, so feedback is more frequent now. Anyway, we just had their hearing aids adjusted, and Abby's left hearing aid got turned way up, so now the feedback makes a really sci-fi, erie sort of sound. Take a listen and see what I get to hear every day.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
oh my gosh...you would think that would actually hurt the eardrums. that's very loud!
Feedback is what makes me glad for Nolan's reverse-slope type loss (I guess the amplified high frequencies cause the most feedback, or so our audi told us)! His right aid is the one that usually gives us a little feedback (50dB loss in the high frequencies there), but it's not too bad.
I've heard that otoferm can help seal earmolds to stop the squeal!
That's crazy--sounds like the aliens are landing.
That is pretty loud! I remember as a kid when Jill's hearing aids would ring from feedback. It didn't quite sound like what your kids' are doing, but it was loud and certainly got everyone's attention. We were used to it and would just try to tell Jill when it happened.
I've never seen hearing aids in such fun colors, though...
woah. that's very out-of-this-world.
ah, yes. the joys of the ha feedback. i swear i would have that high pitched sound ringing in my ears at all hours! blessings on you...and yes, i ditto the otoferm comment. it helps a lot.
wow. I remember when my paternal grandpa's hearing aids would do that while I was watching a movie... I wasn't so patient with him. You are so good with those kids!
Post a Comment