Carter had an ear infection two weeks ago and he just got off of his antibiotics on Thursday. Well, Friday night Carter would scream every time we laid him down and we could only get him to sleep on our chests. After a priesthood blessing we were finally got him to sleep around 1 am but he was still really restless the rest of the night. We figured it was probably an ear infection, but the next day he was back to his chipper self, took two good naps and didn't have a fever or anything so we decided to wait it out. But the next night he woke up at 3 am and did the same thing and we were up with him basically the rest of the night. Then during the day he was fine, so we waited again and then last night he woke up three times. So this morning I took him to the doctor because I noticed a LOT of earwax had come out of both of his ears, so I was pretty sure something was for sure wrong. Well guess what? Both of his ear drums are ruptured.
This poor boy has already had two ear infections, one sinus infection and severe allergies, and to top it off, he has congential hearing loss too... I feel so bad for him. Is it ever going to end? On a good note, the pressure in his ears is gone and his eardrums should heal okay.
I just hate ear infections though. They always seems to occur on the weekends and I don't necessarily want to jump the gun and run to the doctor the minute I think he might have an infection. They say that most ear infections can clear up on their own after a couple of days anyway. But I guess I need to be extra cautious with Carter and follow my gut more.
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Poor Carter! I am an adult and when I get ear infections I'm miserable, so I can only imagine how uncomfortable and painful it is for a baby!
Scary! Evan got his first ear infection last month and has another one now...so now I am scared he is going to be one of those kids who keeps getting them:(
Wow, who would have thought it would be ruptured ear drums? I guess a mom's gut instinct is usually right. Hopefully he'll heal well and fast. Do you think that he'll have to get tubes in his ears too? And thank goodness you're not flying to Atlanta!
That is so sad! I feel so bad for him.
But yes, we do need to get together and do a photo shoot of the girls. There are a few shirts that they wore during the summer that were the same, but I don't know if they would fit into them still. Let me know when and where is a good time for you and I'll be there!
:( Poor little Carter :( That is too sad when little ones are so sick:(
Poor little guy. And poor Mandie & Brian. Hope he's better soon.
poor little guy. hope he feels better soon! hope you can get some sleep mandie!
I feel Carter's pain. Multiple times as child my eardrum burst. Now my eardrums are covered with scar tissue. I must say that when the eardrum bursts it feels a ton better.
You shouldn't feel bad taking Carter to the doctor often. Think of it as a win-win. The doctor gets paid; you feel better knowing what is wrong with your child, and if in fact there is something wrong Carter feels better as well. I guess it is easier said than done though.
Post a Comment