Wednesday, August 27, 2008

idiosyncrasies


Abby, like most two year olds, has little quirks about her. One big one is that she likes to cram her little bags FULL of random stuff around the house. This often happens as we are walking out the door. (so frustrating, by the way.) She'll suddenly disappear and I will find her in the playroom stuffing extension chords, an old cell phone, doll clothes, one of Carter's paci's, a fork, or any other number of random things in her bag. You never know what you're going to need... And when she can't get it all to fit, she gets really MAD. So of course I try to eliminate an item or two from the bag as I try to fit it all in there, which is completely unacceptable to her. I have such a demanding boss. Remind me to list "purse crammer" on my mom resume.


Anyway, her other big quirk lately is her fashion sense. She's taken the word 'layering" to a whole new level. In this picture, she has two bathing suits on, a pair of pink underwear over the suits, tights on TOP of it all, and some sweet little purple shoes to top it off. Work it, girl.

6 comments:

BMac said...

That's YOUR daughter.

Amanda said...

LOVE IT!!!

Jenny said...

And she pulls it off marvelously, ...not many could!

And hey, you're right, you never know WHEN you'll need extension cords when your out and about. Better to be prepared.

Jami said...

It's only going to get worse. The girls can't leave the house without a bag too. As for the layering, the girls strip down as soon as they get home to change into their new and improved outfit.

Ginny said...

Too funny! I can't wait til she starts school in January. You're going to have to hide all of her clothes except for what you want her to wear. And I think you need to get Grandma to look for her a big blingy purse to haul all her stuff.

Hannah said...

I don't know which makes me laugh more: your fashionably sensed daughter or your ability with words.