Sunday, September 07, 2008

recovery

Surgery went well. They ended up taking out a large portion of my cartilage (instead of repairing it) so my recovery is going to be pretty fast. The doctor said I will need to walk with my leg brace on and with crutches until this coming Friday, and then after that I can go without if I feel able. I'm able to walk on it now, but its pretty tender and I still have very limited mobility. I will have to do physical therapy for a while to get full range of motion back. The pain is getting better but it's still pretty bad so I've been on pain killers every four hours. Earlier today I tried to go down to just one pill instead of two at a time to see how I felt, and the pain was terrible! Ugh. I hate being dependent on medicine, especially this stuff. I've been having some crazy dreams and it makes me a little loopy, so I will be glad when I don't need to take it any more.

So the doctor said I will need people to help me with the kids this week, so some wonderful ladies in my ward have volunteered to bring meals and come over to help me with the kids. Its gonna be a very interesting week. I just hope I don't go stir crazy.

7 comments:

Damaris said...

I'm glad that you are OK and its not as bad as it could have been. I wish you a speedy recovery : )

Jenny said...

MANDIE, WHAT THE HECK! I am so sorry you hurt your knee and had to have this impossible surgery. It's so good to know that the women in the ward are taking care of you. Heal fast!

Ginny said...

Isn't the church great?! Glad you've got some helpers and that your recovery will be quick.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

It sounds like things are working out. I am glad to see your health update. Try not to overdue things this week.

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

I wish I could be there to pitch in! Be sure to get some fresh air sometimes. That's good for the soul. We're thinking of you.

Jami said...

I hope you get better fast. I can't imagine being down with kids.

molly said...

hope you are up and feeling better soon!