Friday, August 11, 2006

One Amazing Blessing

Brian and I both sing in the Evening Song Choir, but last season I stayed home with Abby because arranging a babysitter was going to be difficult, and I felt strongly that I should sit the season out. Our normal fall season starts in September with performances in December but we're going on tour in September and I really wanted to come back for that. In order to do that we needed to get a babysitter for 3 to 4 hours every Thursday night. We found someone to do it for us, but we were concerned with the costs involved. Along with choir dues, it was going to get pretty expensive.

The last week or two we have been trying to decide whether it is worth it for both of us to sing in the choir next season if we have to pay for a babysitter every week. I had prayed and thought about it a lot, and in my mind and had come to the conclusion that I should stay home again next season. But on the way to rehearsal last night I was listening to a CD of our performances and started to cry. I need this in my life! I've sung with the choir for four years and singing is so much a part of me. Plus it's something that Brian and I love to do together. I decided that no matter how expensive it would be, we would make it work.

When I sat down in rehearsal last night, one of the sopranos (not knowing our predicament)turned to me and said that her daughter was working on her personal progress and wanted to babysit Abby for free during rehearsals as one of her projects. She committed to babysit all next season and possibly the season after that. I told her that she was an answer to our prayers and she had no idea how much it meant to us.

Brian and I always feel blessed because we have a great family, home and good health. But it's still always amazes us when we receive an instant, direct blessing such as this one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah man! I would have loved to watch her (and for free!)

Amanda said...

It just shows us how much HF hears our prayers and loves us. That is amazing! What a relief! I think that is so awesome that you guys can do something together that you both enjoy:)

Amanda said...

Mandi....Thanks for the tip on your table! How long ago did you get it? That is a bargin b/c my table alone is $450 and you know how expensive chairs are! Now does yours have a leaf? It looks like yours is just a bigger round table and I don't think it would fit in our kitchen nook. Can you tell me the diameter on yours? The one I am looking at is round and only 45' inches w/o the leaf then you add the leaf and it becomes oval and is like 61' with the leaf. The reason we need that is normally we would keep it small, and only when we have all the family over we would add the leaf that way our kitchen is not Crowded with a big table all the time. Thanks for listening!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We've received some pretty amazing miracles like that too. I am also amazed at HF and how perfect his timing is. Thanks for sharing that. I love hearing things like that. It makes it sooo easy to serve and pay tithing, etc. doesn't it? We are blessed so abundantly when we're doing all the right things :)

Amanda said...

Mandi....I got the link to your set, but it says it can not find that link when I copy and paste? Then I looked on the sams website for it through all the tables and I couldn't find it! But if yours fits 6 chairs w/o a leaf I know it is too big for us. I will check the store just in case though. Which Sams did you get it from?

Amanda said...

Okay Mandi....I found the link, it had been shortened and cut off when you pasted it in my blog (don't ask me why the blog did that?) So only with the help of my computer Genius Husband was i able to find the whole link by pulling up the computer programming code for that page. However, that table is listed as "not available" anymore. And it is 10 in bigger even with out the leaf...so it would be too big for us. But thatks for the tip, now I will remember to check Sams more for big items:) The table looks beautiful in your home. Your whole house looks very cute:) I don't know if you read my table blog after all that, but I found a table on backorder at the crate and barrell here in dallas. Yep, even after the catalog/online people told me NONE left anywhere. So I pre-paid it even though it won't be in until October...and there is a chance that it might not come in at all and they would have to refund me! I don't understand that system at all!!!! So I will update on my blog IF and when I actually get that table, and if I don't I will still be searching! Sorry for writing a book on your blog! I tend to over explain things, and give too many details (as I am sure you noticed!)

Carrie said...

you always know that we can help anytime you need it. we live so close together and it is so convenient so we really don't mind. you never ask us to help and we would love to help (mayve you are trying to tell us something and I am slow to catch on) :) ya'll help us out tons so please call when you need something.