Monday, August 14, 2006

Ouch!


It started as a small little diaper rash, and in a couple days time turned into a full blown yeast infection. Have any of your babies ever had it? Not fun. Poor Abby has been borderline miserable the last couple of days, and I dread changing her diaper. It makes me cringe just looking at it.

Have you heard the different "treatments" to cure it? My mom said in the old days when the dinosaurs roamed they told her to wash her babies several times a day in Dial soap. I also heard from someone that you wipe the area with the babies urine and it cures rashes. Eew! My mom told me to let her go commando to keep it aired out, but I think I'll risk it with the diaper on. :) The real treatment is to change the diaper often, keep the area as dry as possible, and apply anti-fungal cream you use for atheltes foot. I know. But it works! We put it on over night and it's already so much better.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Let it dry completely before putting the cream on it. That always helped Anna. She got them all the time!

Amanda said...

UUUGGGG! Poor lil girl! We have had bad diaper rashes....but never a yeast! Good luck...I hate it when they are in pain:(

Anonymous said...

I am lucky Evan hasn't had any problems in that area yet. ::knock on wood::

Kelly said...

Oh, poor baby. I've heard that plain yogurt can help ease the itching.